SCARA robots, also known as Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm or joint robotic arm, which are one of the most common forms of industrial robots in today’s industrial field. SCARA robots are suitable for mechanical automation in many industrial fields, such as automatic assembly, painting, handling, welding and so on.
Advantages of SCARA robots
- Compact structure, large operating range and small installation footprint.
- Has a high accessibility. Joint coordinate robots can move their hands into a closed space like a car body for work, and right-angle coordinate robots cannot do such work.
- No rails are required because there is no moving joint. Rotating joint are easy to seal, because of bearing parts are a large number of production of standard parts, resulting in friction and inertia is small, good reliability.
- The required SCARA drive torque is small and the energy consumption is small.
- Replace a lot of complex work that is not suitable for manpower and harmful to health.